With the NFL season in full swing, football fans everywhere have been pretty excited to see this sport jump back. But fans recently have also been a little spooked by the recent news of multiple players and crew from the Tennessee Titans testing positive for COVID-19. Will this be the end of the NFL season? Are more players going to be at risk? Has the NFL done a good job protecting their players?
Welcome to today’s episode of The Call Room, where we’re talking about football and how it will continue through this recent news. With the development of many new studies, testing methods, and techniques done by other sports leagues, we’re going to go into the effectiveness of these and their potential to help keep football going through the rest of the season.
Listen in to learn how the NFL has handled the pandemic compared to other sports leagues, and the new developments that could halt the season.
“An ideal test would have a 100% sensitivity and a 100% specificity.” – Dr. Robert Berry
You can Subscribe and Listen to the Podcast on Apple Podcasts. And be sure to leave me a Rating and Review!
- How the NFL has been handling the pandemic in comparison to other sports leagues
- What the cycle threshold is and what it means for testing
- The impact of the Titan’s heightened infection rates on the NFL season
- How recently developed rapid testing can help our ability to get closer to our pre-COVID lives
- Why the NFL didn’t do a “bubble” like the NBA
- How certain therapeutics may reduce risk of catching the virus at all
- Why the Titan’s response to the outbreak sets a great model for the rest of the NFL
“I think we’re going to see the NFL season proceed. I don’t think this is going to take the season off the tracks.” – Dr. Robert Berry
“Football is one of those things that really adds value to many people’s lives.” – Dr. Robert Berry